Apply Visa Online

Religious Deconstruction

So, I have been reading the Bible as an adult and boy! Ain’t it something.

I know all Christian platitudes to justify the word. Been an atheist before when I was a teenager maybe earlier. (I believe in Evolution and things based in science and evidence). Became an atheist then because of the inequality in Sunday school and family stuff amongst other things.

Got back to Jesus as adult and really believed. But more and more the character of God doesn’t seem to add up. No, its not the four horsemen. I don’t pretend to know everything. But reading books like “God: An Anatomy” and currently researching prayer, makes me wonder. (Side-note: I like prayer it’s meditative).

As of now I am more of “Christian Agnostic “ I know its an oxymoron but well if I was to label it. ( hate labels).

I believe that every religion has something to offer and been looking at parts of the bible as just literature or philosophy. I don’t believe in inerrancy of the Bible or Abrahamic religious texts.

If you are religious what makes you stay, beyond the platitudes especially if you’ve had doubts before, if you are not what made you stop believing in the Christian God or any other kind?

Kindly don’t say God/religion is about faith, I get that. At the moment the easy thing seems sucking it up and saying I believe cause that’s what is familiar.

TDLR: The character of God in the Bible does not add up to me anymore.

Thank you ☺️

submitted by /u/CrystalSprinkles
[link] [comments]

from Welcome to Kenya https://ift.tt/fvW5FLD

No comments:

Post a Comment